”Everything worth remembering can be captured in a photograph”
…Who am I ? A little bit about me…
- I am originally from Bacoli, a tiny but highly historic town not far from Naples, Italy;
- I have studied Russian and Polish and spent quite some time in Moscow in my 20s. mostly researching Russian Modern Art;
- I am naturally drawn to people’s stories: what makes who they are, what is their purpose… That is why I always prefer an intimate 1-2-1 conversation to big loud crowds;
- I met my English husband Paul in Los Angeles where we were both living back then;
- I am a big Tom Waits fan;
- I am the creator of a site that provides info and support to all the Italian Mums living in the UK;
I first got into photography when I was a child. I did it because I wanted to try to not forget. I wanted to preserve my reality. Not just that, but to ‘shape’ it and to be able to remember people and things in the exact way I ‘felt’ them at the time. I often remember places like they would be in a photograph, framed in a certain way or lit by a moody light. I wish I’d have more photos of some fragments of my childhood: my grandparents’ dark hall, the old-style furniture, their dog… I wish I could see them again the exact way I used to.
This is what I would like to do for other people too. This is why I do what I do.
It took me a long time to realize what type of photographer I wanted to be. After a ton of soul-searching, I’ve recently realized that storytelling is what I believe in the most with the addition of a few gorgeous, intimate, timeless portraits.
No good photograph ever comes from people feeling uncomfortable and being forced into a pose they don’t like. So my first priority on the day will be making sure you are comfortable. I’ll strive to be unintrusive. I will let the events flow naturally.
We will create together images that represent who you are.
AND THIS IS
MY WEDDING DAY
I recently got married myself on our baby’s 1st birthday. To choose my own wedding photographer was by far the most difficult part of the planning for me. The right photographer for you should be someone you feel comfortable with and don’t mind having around. Just like the right partner.
Photo by Victor Lax Photography