…Who am I? Random facts about me…
• I am a Berkshire & Destination Wedding photographer,originallyy from Bacoli, a tiny, historical town not far from Naples, Italy. If you’ve never heard of it, google it, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
• In my university years, I studied languages (Russian and Polish) and that has provided me with the unique opportunity to travel and experience places not just as a tourist. So far, I’ve been lucky enough to have lived in Moscow, Los Angeles and now England.
• I am naturally drawn to people’s stories: what makes them who they are and what their purpose is intrigue me… That is why I always prefer an intimate 1-2-1 conversation over small talk in a crowd.
• Having spent a lot of time researching Russian modern art in my 20s, visual art has a massive influence on my photography.
• I am a Tom Waits fan, massive “Friends” lover (I could watch the episodes a million times!) and I’m addicted to Nutella (but then, who isn’t?).
I first got into photography as a child – when I think about it now, I think it seemed like a beautiful way to preserve reality, and somehow remember people and things in the exact way that I ‘felt’ them at the time. I often remember places like they would be in a photograph, framed in a certain way, or lit by a moody light. I wish I had more photos of some of the fragments of my childhood: my grandparents’ dark hall-way, the vintage furniture, their dog… I wish I had something that allows me to experience them again. This is exactly WHY I do what I do… Except, now I do it for you.
I believe that empathy plays a huge part in my ability to
photograph someone. I once heard a great photographer say that one should “always photograph with the empathy of a saint.” These words really stuck with me and inspire me daily. Whether you hire me for a family shoot or to capture your big day, I do my best to visualise what it feels like to walk in your shoes, see the day through your eyes, and preserve what’s really important to you.
Empathy & Storytelling
AND THIS IS
MY WEDDING DAY
I recently got married too and we chose to do it on our baby’s 1st
birthday. Picking the right wedding photographer was by far the most
difficult part of planning for me. The right photographer should be
someone you feel comfortable with and are always happy to have
around…. Finding the right one is a bit like finding the right