The Best Berkshire Wedding Venues
So you’re engaged (yay, congrats!), and you are starting to plan your wedding. Let’s face it, not everyone has been dreaming of their weddings since they were children, and that’s okay. As someone who’s worked with tons of couples, I know all too well that the whole planning process can be overwhelming, especially when all you really want is to have fun and celebrate with those you care about!
My first tip to decrease anxiety is to start looking for a venue as soon as possible, as this might be one of the trickiest bits. But where do you start? What factors do you need to consider? Luckily for you I have another article full of tips.
As per the venue, there are many options available in Berkshire county – from picturesque farms with rolling fields to lavish estates with sprawling gardens – but which one is right for your big day?
To help you pick your dream wedding venue, I have compiled a list of ten of the best wedding venues in Berkshire. So grab a cuppa and have a read with your other half and if you need any help with your choice, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Best barn wedding venues in Berkshire
If you’re like me, all you want is for your wedding to be fun and relaxed. That’s why you want to pick a venue that is not too formal but still has an elegant feel to it! Barn weddings are very popular and Berkshire offers plenty of choices. Here you will find a list of the best barn wedding venues in Berkshire. The list is in random order and is based on my eight years experience of photographing weddings locally.
Stanlake Park, Twyford
Stanlake Park in Twyford is, hands down, one of my favourite venues in Berkshire.
- Stanlake Park is a wine estate with such a rich history. Beautiful vines and great wine, who doesn’t like that at their wedding?
- It’s relaxed enough for guests to enjoy themselves in the beautiful environment but still get that wow factor!
- I have photographed there multiple times, and I can guarantee it offers plenty of fabulous photo opportunities without the stress of travelling anywhere. We can get that Tuscany look while still in Berkshire!
Ufton Court, Reading
Ufton Court is a beautiful, Elizabethan manor house and lovely wedding venue. Here are some quick points to consider when picking this venue:
- You can get exclusive use of Tithe barn, a beautiful 16th century barn.
- The 16 acres of grounds are perfect for photos.
- Getting married at Ufton Court will support their children’s charity, so it can also be a way to give back.
Heron's Farm, Pangbourne
Wasing Park, Aldermaston
Based in Aldermaston, Wasing Park is a beautiful venue featuring its own adorable countryside church (!) on its grounds. The venue is located on a large family-owned estate and has a romantic vibe to it (especially the lovely outdoor gazebo). Luckily for you, I have already written about it before and you can read all about it and see lots of photos in this previous blog post.
Lillibrooke Manor, Maidenhead
Another personal favourite of mine.
- Lillibooke Manor is the ideal barn wedding venue. The venue is extremely spacious and one of the largest Grade II Listed barns in the south of England (!). They are also licensed for civil ceremonies that take place in a separate beautiful building. If you’re looking for a barn wedding with a glamorous twist and plenty of green and space to dance away… Then you should not look any further.
- Run by the same excellent team as Stanlake.
Silchester Farm, Silchester
Situated on the border between Berkshire and Hampshire, Silchester Farm deserves a special mention as one of the most beautiful venues in our list. The location is very beautiful with lots of greenery and open spaces. Silchester family farm is an all-inclusive wedding venue that offers ceremony and reception space, both decorated in a very trendy and contemporary style.
Non-barn Berkshire wedding venues
If barns are not your thing, Berkshire offers plenty of other option for a relaxed wedding. Here are a few ideas.
The Great House, Sonning
The Great House in Sonning is a relaxed wedding venue on the River Thames with a super cosy atmosphere.
- The great house is perfect if you envision your wedding like a big BBQ with many loan games.
- Beautiful rooms for prep and for guests to stay.
- Perfect venue if you’d like to keep it easy and for all to happen in the same location.
- Direct access to the river for gorgeous sunset photos.
The Swan, Streatley
The Swan in Streatley is run by the same team as the Great House in Sonning. Therefore offers the same high standard service and a very similar vibe.
- Originally from the 15th century, the hotel has had a massive refurbishment in recent years.
- Cosy, but still big! The Swan at Streatley can host a ceremony and wedding breakfast
for 130 and an evening reception for up to 200.
The Elephant, Pangbourne
The Elephant Hotel is a quirky boutique hotel with rooms, private dining and event space. The venue is located in the heart of Pangbourne, a lovely town in Berkshire.
- Perfect venue for an intimate wedding.
- Brimming with quirky character and ‘wow’ factor.
- Romantic walled garden and 22 beautiful boutique bedrooms for your guests to stay.
Easthampstead Park, Wokingham
If you really want a wow factor, Easthampstead Park might be the venue for you.
A jaw-dropping Victorian mansion, Easthampstead can still work with a small and quirky wedding, if you decide to opt for their lovely orangery with its stunning tropical plants.
See some photos from Dan and Susana’s wedding at Easthampstead Park.
There are many places to choose from when it comes to getting married in Berkshire. In this article, I’ve provided you with a list of the ten best wedding venues in Berkshire for 2022. I hope these suggestions have been helpful! If there is anything else I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to fill out my contact form today.