I recently had the opportunity to photograph a gorgeous event at the Great House in Sonning and absolutely fell for this wedding venue. As you might know, my style is all about relaxed reportage with some artistic unusual angles, so the laid-back unconventional look of the Great House was perfect.
If you’re looking for a wedding venue in Berkshire with a bit of a different twist, I totally recommend checking out the Great House in Sonning.
Here is what I really loved about it:
- It’s located on the riverside (and that per se is gorgeous), the 18th-century bridge nearby is absolutely beautiful
- It’s not far from the town but has a countryside touch to it
- The massive garden perfect for a Summer wedding
- Staff: they looked really friendly in my experience
- Privacy, it feels like you have your own ceremony and nobody will intrude
- Space: the lodge can host a ceremony for 120 and an evening reception for up to 200 people (!)