Blue & Yellow Bridal Inspiration
If you know me, you will know I am very much a fan of storytelling, genuine emotions and less of ‘traditional’ styled shoots. In spite of this, I do love working with like-minded suppliers occasionally. On this particular shoot, we managed to have a lovely team of local suppliers. The atmosphere throughout the shoot was very relaxed and fun. Something I always value very highly as I want every member of the team to be at ease and have fun.
The inspiration came when I first saw the gorgeous floral dress by Louise Rose Couture. Louise is a young independent business owner and we have worked together in the past. As soon as I saw a sneak peek of her dress, I knew I wanted to be the one to photograph it. Rather than go for the more obvious pastel colours, we picked a palette of blue and yellow tones: bold and yet elegant.
As we wanted to achieve a real look, I insisted from the very beginning to have a real couple and was hoping, in particular, for a black bride as they are so underrepresented in the industry. I’ve been dreaming to shoot someone like Carissa for a very long time and when I saw her, a mum of two and a blogger, on Instagram, I knew straight away she would be perfect. Carissa and Chris have been together for over a decade and everyone from the team kept commenting how natural and comfortable they were together. Their kindness to each other and the harmony between them shine through every single image. There is no surprise then, that my favourite photos from the shoot are hands down the couple shots, especially the ones of them laughing together.
In addition to that, it was very important to me that Carissa is a genuine natural beauty with a real body shape. I think as photographers, we too often tend to display ideal beauties rather than real women.
Small Surprise: scroll down for a behind-the-scenes video of our photo session.
- CAKE: Tiny Sarah’s Cakes, Tiny Sarah Cakes
- FLORIST & STYLIST: With These Hands ( https://www.withthesehandswe
- VENUE: Heron’s Farm (http://www.heronsfarm.co.uk/w
- DRESS: Louise Rose Couture, http://louiserosecout
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Berni Palumbo Photography, www.bernipalumbo.
- MODELS: Carissa M and her husband, Instagram @littlelikelylads
- NAILS: Simply into my nails, https://m.facebook.com/
- Makeup & HAIR: Joyce Connor, http://joyceconnormake
- RINGS & JEWELRY: Louise, www.vaessen-walker.com
- SUIT: Phil, www.stress3hire.co